Wednesday, February 2, 2011

My Journey

For years I travel down many different paths. And tried opportunity after opportunity and each one failed. No matter what I did or how much advertising or parties I did nothing worked.It was hard balancing my life as a wife and a mom to 6. Dealing with a special needs child, a trouble teen and running a business . It took me away from my husband and kids and the quality time I could of had with my kids.I missed out on alot and I cried alot. I was an emotional wreck I didn't care what people thought. I felt my life was spinning out of control.

Just when I thought life had dish me out enough stress my mother was diganoise with cervical cancer. It shocked me I was in disbelief a womn who is in her 60,s could have that kind of cancer. And to make things harder I was not able to be with her. We no extra money as money was not there. But I did raised what I could from online auctions etc and with that I was finally able to get to see her when she was in the hospital. two days after I got back my mom was rushed in for emergency surgery, the cancer was spreading at a fast rate.

That day I waited by the phone, and I cried praying that I would hear something soon. But never did until the following day.The night I waited for the call was the longest night of my life. At 2 in the morning something woke me, I had no idea what it was but at the moment I knew somethiing was wrong with my mom. All of a sudden a woman said get down and pray now. I was confused of what I was hearing thinking that I was losing it. Again I heard the voice this time it was louder and it said GET DOWN AND PRAY NOW. So I did and the tears flowed like they never did before I told god not to take my mom as she was all I had left. And that I still needed her in my life. I prayed for 2 hours that night exhausted I fianlly laid down to sleep. When I got the call in the morning it was the shock of my life.

You see at 2 in the morning my mom went into cardic arrest and they almost lost her. They said her heart stopped and at the time they were trying to bring her back there was a bright light around her. I feel the light was the angel god sent to my mom as I prayed for her life. yes I believe in the power of a prayer. My mom survived tha night. It has been 2 years now and the cancer has not come back. After this scare I discovered during our time of need god sends us an angel. I feel he sent me one that night to get me to pray to give her the strength she needed to pull through.

Life has given me many challenges, And I have learnt alot from each one. And as a mother my greatest gift from god is my children.

No comments:

Post a Comment