Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Sewing to Live

I have been sewing for over 10 years now. And I am no expert, but I do enjoy it. It creates a sense of peace and enjoyment in my life. Sewing has given me a chance at creating a new life for my family and myself. As I can sell what I create. It is hard work sewing, adding embellishments, just to find out your added the wrong thing. So back to the drawing board I go again.

I sit here pondering of what I want to make next among the jeans, and old fabric that I have recycled from many clothes. I sit here sipping my tea and thinking what could I make next that could make a difference in someone's life. I cut out the patterns, sew the wrong sides together, add buttons where I need to. And smile and my newly created master piece.

I sew to make a living and make a difference in the lives of the people around me. And to see my accomplishments in their smiles. What more could I ask for not a thing. As I was granted a precious moment in my children's life when my son acts like batman in his new cape and my daughter acts like a princess in her new dress clothes. I am honored to have front roll seats to see the show of the century.

And I smile as it plays over and over again in my mind.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Anita, I found your blog through Wahms Place and wanted to stop and say Hi. I love your blog its great colors. How are you doing? Did I see you had pc problems? Hope to hear from you, take care, Karren

    ReplyDelete